Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

getting back with your bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 14, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I bought a Orlando Violin Bass back in November and it was in serious need of a set up the intonation was completely out, their is no way you could play live with the thing. So it had been sitting in the gig back for all this time as i would take it out for sentimental reasons. Yesterday i went by to my Friend Tony who is my bass tech on LI and asked if he could do my intonation so i could play this really cool bass, 10 min later with bridge adjustments and the old tunning key comming out the bass was ready to go and i played it for a few hours and then at church, man is it great to rediscover a bass. Any of you get a great bass back with a good set up that had been out of the game for a whille lately?.I will post pics of the bass in a few days, their is one pic of it up in the thread when i got it. Thanks Tony , your the man. PS I guess your right Mosrites could rule the world. :bassist:

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    My modded '87 Squier (MIJ) Jazz, which was my main axe for many years and which I will put up against most American Fenders, has been relegated to practice bass status for now. She needs a fret job and the strings are probably close to a year old now. I try to not play my Cirrus at home when I'm just noodling or practicing my permutations and the like, so as to keep its strings fresher for longer. One of these days the Squier is going to get a fret job and some new strings, a good cleaning and TLC, possibly a new pre and maybe different pups. It will be a sweet day!

:cool:

3. It's always a good feeling when you slap new strings on a bass you were kind of bored with, and it comes back to life.

I love that feeling.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds great guys, reconnect with your basses. :bassist: