getting bass lessons????

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by violatedppl, Aug 17, 2005.

1. I have been playing for 3.5 years and I would say I have learned the basics and I can come up with some pretty cool bass lines but I would really like to take my playing to the next level. I am taking a begining music theory class at a community college this year, and I was wonder if I should try and find a good teacher to help me out just my bass playing. I live in the greater san fransico bay area and I would really like to get to the next level. thanks
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Between theory classes and a private teacher, I predict that you will end up being a smokin' bassist. Wholeheartedly I think you should get a bass teacher.
  3. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I'm doing the exact same thing. I'm taking theory classes, and the community college also offers private bass lessons that count towards college credit. $200 for a quarter.
  4. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Sounds good what you're are doing.

The teacher will be your coach, mentor, person to check ideas, stuff like that.

And the theory is the pen and paper exercise. Compulsory, if you wish to climb many levels.
  5. I think the teacher might be the same music teacher I had in elemtery school. he had some mad drum chops. it was always MR burgman play the drums. the guy always went balls out. hope its the same guy he was hella cool back in the day.

to bad for me at the time I was more intrested in A. how they got all they stuffing into the bass drum and B. why are their to light bulbs in one of the canned lights in the ceiling. I was such an idiot