1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting bass synth sound from “Don’t You Want Me Baby”

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Oct 25, 2018.

1. I’m trying to cop some times from The Human League but am having a hard time. I have an analog octaver, gated fuzz, Spaceman Nebula and a chorus at my disposal. Any help would be gladly appreciated!!!

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I would go with a bright, punchy bass tone (maybe favor the bridge pickup slightly if you have one). Put a little bit of overdrive and chorus on it and call close enough. It'll sound great.

jazznrick likes this.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    That's what I did when I did this song in a band back in 82. I don't even think I had an overdrive back then. Worked just fine. I thought we did it kickass, too.

two fingers and jazznrick like this.
  4. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    I've always been intrigued by the bass tone in "(Keep Feeling) Fascination".

5. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Apparently it was a Fender Telecaster Bass mixed in with the synths, played by their then-bassist Ian Burden, but I remember an old MTV era video(not necessarily that song)where he was spotted with an early Roland bass guitar synth(B-33?)with the Fenderish Ibanez body.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The monosynths on the zoom processors like the zoom b1on and the zoom b3n would get you close to that sound. otherwise a bass synth along with a chorus pedal would do the trick.