1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Getting fired - Subtitled: "Move Over Rover"

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Krispy, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Sig'ed

2. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    I'm in the club too. Sounds like my old disgrace of the band Toy Shop here in Huntsville. Pussies

3. THUNDERGODX

THUNDERGODX

Mar 29, 2006
    When somebody who does what you do starts showing up regularly to shows or especially practice, consider that as the writing on the wall.
    You might get a formal hearing, but be advised, its coming.

I was in a band whose drummer was in another trio project with a guitarist and bass player who was well respected and had been in a very popular band about a year or two ago.He had left that band and consequently replaced the bassist in the drummer's other project under less than ideal circumstances. (Bassist was considered under par, either for talent or stimulant reasons, I never found out for sure.)
    Just before I was invited to make a choice about further membership in the band, I started noticing that my future replacement was showing up at our shows. My mantra, as stated in the beginning of this, started ringing in my brain.
    Sure enough, he is now holding my old job.
    In fairness, I have to admit that I was crisp on the band, inspite of it having every advantage and dedicated, talented players. It just wasnt stoking me, even after having been a founding member,

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  4. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
  5. bearfoot

bearfoot

Jan 27, 2005
    schenectady, ny
    Glad you told the BL to grow a pair, I hate it when the wronged party is too nice.

6. THUNDERGODX

THUNDERGODX

Mar 29, 2006
    Is that a compliment or a complaint?

7. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    someone resurrected an 11 year old thread...

3Liter likes this.
  8. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    And I read all of the posts without looking at the dates. This is so TalkBass.

Gawd, I love it here!

NePb, dave64o, DirtDog and 1 other person like this.
  9. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    and the OP was "last seen" at TB in 2012...so not sure why this was brought back out. but anyway...glad my opinion hasn't changed much since I replied. lol

Old Blastard likes this.
  10. THUNDERGODX

THUNDERGODX

Mar 29, 2006
    Ive been called for replying to old threads before. I dont look past the titles. If they seem interesting, I read them. Maybe mods should put an expiration date on them.
    Didnt realize there was a statute of limitations.

Old Blastard and 3Liter like this.
  11. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    there isn't. but given that there have been no replies in almost a decade, and the OP stopped coming here 7 years ago, not sure what a "reply" is for or whom. just pointing it out to others if that was there intention - to provide feedback to a member who hasn't been here for a while.

Old Blastard and 3Liter like this.
  12. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    We just care about each other SO much.

Well, I don't. I just dig Schadenfreude!

13. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Compliment!

14. THUNDERGODX

THUNDERGODX

Mar 29, 2006
    Thank You!
    Its nice to be appreciated.

DirtDog likes this.
  15. THUNDERGODX

THUNDERGODX

Mar 29, 2006
    I was really just making a reply to the topic, rather than to an individual.

Old Blastard likes this.
  16. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    gotcha

17. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    "Renegade Rhythm Section" - Band name!!! :D

18. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    Poached drummer... Is that anything like this?

upload_2019-3-12_13-7-59.

Old Blastard likes this.
  19. Happened to me too, long ago. Made for about a two year hiatus in playing at all.

Tried to be more careful in who I chose to play with after that.

20. Chango Malo

Chango Malo

Apr 8, 2017
    you ol' necroposter, you.
    some forums hate necroposting, to others it's a sporting event. One forum I participate in (jousting and medieval combat sports) it's more of the sporting event kind of thing. Every few months someone will pull the oldest possible post in that subforum up to the top and try to make a comprehensible reply where ever it was left off. OK, in all honesty guys do it to poke a few of the more cranky members just because it gets under their skin so much.

just curious, how did you find that ol thread anyways?