Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Getting fustrated

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jkrobs, Feb 18, 2006.

1. jkrobs

jkrobs

Feb 2, 2006
    Hi guys, I recently got a Yamaha XBS375..(sorry I think it's a XBS..not sure) Anyway I do love it..but Im getting so fustrated..Im totayl new to bass and getting a bit fustrated..basically Everytime I hit the strings I get this horrible bussing sound..like where the string is hitting the metal frets..It's makes me fustrtaed. Im not sure if it is where Im hitting the strings wrong or not? or maybe there not tuned right? Also..Im trying to play the song (Amber from 311) and when I hit the low B..it makes that horrible buzzing sound..help me please. Is my bass guitar crap or is it me?

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I know it's painful, but you're just starting out so it'll take you a while until you'll be able to get a decent sound from your bass. I thought I could instantly start playing RHCP songs when I was starting out, but no dice, even though I had been playing guitar for a year. I highly recommend taking at least a couple of lessons.

3. jkrobs

jkrobs

Feb 2, 2006
    Hi, i should point out something...Well I don't have a amp yet..so i guess the sound Im getting is a bit cheap. Also Ive put a new battery in my guitar to active the pre-amp..but Im not sure if it's me, but I can't tell a difference? what shuld I notice?

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Check out the setup forum.

5. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    As I think someone told you before, you'll only notice the difference if you play through an amp.

6. JameelRS

JameelRS

Jan 28, 2006
    Denver, Co.
    Dude, I've been playing for a few years and I still get frustrated with stuff. That's just the way it is sometimes. When you get rid of this problem something else will arise. but just stay low and you'll be good.:hyper: