1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting gigs

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by robin_hood, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Just wondering how yall get gigs. My band isn't that new but we'd like to move on from our current place but iss proving a bit difficult.

Just give me like steps u used.

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Are you actually in Uganda? What works here may not there, I don't know how similar the culture is. I guess the one thing I'd stress starting out is network. Make friends with other bands, play at open mics and hang out with the other musicians. When their bands have a gig, ask if your band can play a few tunes to open. Chat up the management while you're there, and if they like what they hear from your band, you may get a gig out of it. That's how a couple of my startup bands got their first gigs.

3. Originals, or cover?

4. cover

5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Have a good video to direct them to (which shows a crowd).
    Let them know where you are playing (and know you will bring a crowd) and tell them that if they stop by, they will see your audience. Sometimes they do, if it is close, but even saying that will let them know that you are likely to pack his place. Few owners will turn down the chance to pack his house with thirsty patrons, as long as the music won't drive out his regulars.