getting girls

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by A Rock, Aug 11, 2001.

1. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    is it true that if ur in a rock band...u will meet a lot of hot chicks??
    cuz im goin to be in a college band and hopin mad girls come my way:)
  2. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I'm hoping that's not the only reason you joined a band.
  3. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    not if youre a bassplayer though. :D
  4. Whisper

Whisper Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2001
    New York, New York

Being in a rock band means that by nature of this inquisitive activity, it should be quite apparent that you will meet more women. In fact, in a curious social paradox, time spent with the bass will actually improve your confidence and outward appearance as your insight into the deeper studies of life becomes realized. That being said, there are other, viable alternatives that do not require a fervent display of "hardcoreness."

By joining a jazz band, it is easy to imagine that the girls one might meet would be lesser in quantity. However, they are far more likely to have sufficient depth, trustworthiness, and beauty that one cannot simply observe through sight.

That being said, I think that any girl you'll want to spend a lasting time with isn't more likely to be found in any certain sector of the human regime, and that right person could be anywhere. Take some time to think before choosing someone just because they're "mad crazy hot."

Peace out,
  5. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    When you play in a blues band, sometimes things just work out that way. Check out the guitarist, vocalist scratching his head in the background! This was a pretty good gig!

6. downward spiral

downward spiral

Jul 20, 2001
    well I'm a girl.... I think being in a band does help.... usually not being the bassist, though. being a female bassist does seem to help, though, in my own experience. people walk up to me and say **** like "I love women, I love basses, and both combined..." without even having heard me play.
  7. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I´m one of those guys who used to say that!!!! :D

And to answer the main question: if you want the chicks, go get a guitar ( I´m not saying you arent go to meet girls, but by default, they dont even know what the ***** is a bass)

Sometimes the story has a happy ending, I met my ex-girlfriend playing with my band....
  8. Hey Downward Spiral, 2 questions..

1)How old are you, and
    2)Are you single?? :D
  9. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i noticed that some bassists get more attention than guitarist if they have more fiesty stage presence and stay near the singer!!

that would help dont u think?

by the way i think downward spiral is 16....
  10. But when does one draw the line? When does it stop at when its just a sexy chick eyeing you off in the crowd to a big mumma stalking you and saying that she's the best loved groupie?! :eek:

11. downward spiral

downward spiral

Jul 20, 2001
    staying near the singer would help.... throwing something at the singer would also get you attention, but you will only be able to do this a couple of times without getting the singer's rage upon you,... unless you are best of friends, in which case you will prob. get something thrown back at you, all in the best of spirits...
  12. I don't know, kid ....being in a band... getting "chicks"... but if that's true then I'm in luck coz I'm in a pop-rock band now :D

Uh... but I'm not counting on women all of a sudden coming to me wanting to "get to know me well" (Yea right :rolleyes: )

I play bass because I like the sound, the look, and I like playing it. That should be theoretically the 1st and biggest reason to play bass on a band. Of course, if the girls come... :cool:

As for the comment on stage presence...check out my "Showmanship" thread on the Miscellaneous section (I think). And yeah, Gene Simmons and Flea have had thousands of women rushing to them so ;)
  13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i got into bass for the sake of music....

...think getting girls is a BONUS ;)
  14. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Yeah, it's a job perk. :D
  15. band's getting you girls...

Eh... i say its yes and no. You'll get some girls, but i dont think it'd be a girl you'd wanna be around... i mean possible gold digger... ect... but that doesnt mean its wrong...

I showed my uncle a video from one of my gig's, he was cracking up when he saw it, not cause of the music, but because of the high pitched screams of girls.
  16. Being in a band gets chicks? I gotta get me a band.

I reckon chicks love bassists, a bass is BIG and girls like big I undestand, but I think you might have to have talent aswell to impress them. And to any girls who are wondering, guys love bass chicks.
  17. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    settle down, tiger :D

yeah, bands, chicks .. whatever. not what i'm in it for personally, but it's certainly a motive for a lot of guys (usually ones that can't play very well, not meaning to insinuate anything). i dunno, when i'm playing to an audience i get noticed by the girlies, but that's only 'coz they're wondering how the hell i can play with a ciggy dangling out of my mouth :p
    it's been my experience that the femmes love any musician in a rock band, regardless. it's just a thing... so if your band's tight and rocks hard and your gigs go off, chicks will come your way no matter what you're doing.
  18. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Hmmm... being in a band can help, but don't rely on it - I can only think of one, maybe two girls I've gotten somewhere with directly because I'm in a band. And they're generally not the sort of people you'd want something long term with, either.

Like Sicplayer says, it's not exactly a sound basis for playing an instrument or joining a band. Still, it can be a pleasant bonus... ;)
  19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes, your best bet is a rock band. If you get in a jazz band, the chicks may have higher expectations that you'll be literate.
  20. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I actually had a girl ask me to play something without the rest of the band backing me up, so she could hear what a bass sounded like. :confused: