Getting in touch with songwriters for approval

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hgrind, Mar 1, 2010.

1. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway
    I'm from Norway, and play in a band that sings in norwegian. I've translated a Diamond Rio song (Wrinkles) written by Ronny Scaife and Neil Thrasher to norwegian and I've made a new melody for the norwegian. The translated lyrics is close enough to be easily recognized by a norwegian who knows Diamond Rio well. I think I need approval from the writers or some management to record this. But I have trouble getting in touch with the right people. Diamond Rio's label is Arista Nashville, but if I remember correctly it's Sony that's managing rights for this song. How do you suggest I proceed?

2. hope this helps
    DESIGNATED AGENT UNDER THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) provides a mechanism for notifying service providers of claims of unauthorized use of copyrighted materials. Under the DMCA, a claim must be sent to the service provider's Designated Agent. If you believe in good faith that SME should be notified of a possible online copyright infringement involving any SME website, please notify SME's designated agent: Wade Leak, Esq., Business and Legal Affairs Department, Sony Music Entertainment, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10022-3211. Phone: 212-833-8000 Fax: 212-833-5828 copyright.agent[at]sonymusic.com

Please be aware that, in order to be effective, your notice of claim must comply with the detailed requirements set forth in the DMCA. You are encouraged to review them (see 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512(c)(3)) before sending your notice of claim.

3. DeluxeRed

DeluxeRed

Jun 2, 2009
    It looks like that song is managed by The Harry Fox Agency. You can get licensing information from their website, and they can take it from there:

http://www.harryfox.com

Songfile

Additional Information for: WRINKLES
    Writer(s): NEIL THRASHER, RONNY SCAIFE
    HFA Song Code: W43074

Publisher Represented By HFA
    MAJOR BOB MUSIC N
    UNIVERSAL - SONGS OF POLYGRAM INTERNATIONAL INC Y

4. hgrind

hgrind

Dec 16, 2005
    Otta, Norway
    Thank you very much! :)
    I've sent them an e-mail. We'll see how it goes.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021