Getting into pedal building, anybody need anything?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by BassManMike73, Sep 6, 2012.

1. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    The top jacks are boss

2. BassManMike73

BassManMike73

Apr 20, 2011
    Portage, MI
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1365588647.956619.jpg
    Orange squeezer

3. chito18

chito18

Mar 27, 2012
    Reedley, Ca
    PM'd.

4. Just got my mammoth clone with blend knob in from this fine gentleman. The artwork (Breaking Bad-related) is badass and the box it came in was pretty legit. The pedal sounds absolutely fantastic. I have no first-hand experience with a real wooly mammoth, but the addition of the blend knob might make this one even better than the real thing. There are lots of usable tones that are not very difficult at all to dial in. My long journey seeking the right fuzz tone/pedal has finally come to an end. Took awhile to ship, but kept me updated with all the issues he was braving through. I have to say that this was easily the best bass-related purchase I've made in a long time.

5. BassManMike73

BassManMike73

Apr 20, 2011
    Portage, MI
    Thanks for that awesome review Mike!

I am also working on a project I believe I mentioned earlier that combines a mastotron and a prunes and custard into one box! I have the mastotron section all finished and working, and the prunes portion will come tomorrow! Here's a couple pics for your viewing pleasure!

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1367892405.391122.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1367892434.246548.jpg

6. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    Got my compressor today.
    Very nice.
    I started up a McNees Music Technology Club in the Effects section.

7. ChadonBass

ChadonBass

Mar 12, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Looking for octave down and noise suppressor. if you can do em, let me know how much. It's what I have left to feel I got my pedals done for now.

Chad

8. deucejanisch

deucejanisch

Oct 27, 2010
    Ahhh excited for the mastotron/p&c!

9. doubleohnodj

doubleohnodj

Mar 25, 2013
    Holy hell this thread made me GAS up so fast I ordered a Mastodoom. Can't wait!!

10. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    How about a delay with exp pedal jack to control repeats to put it into oscillation? Would need 10k pot so that Pigtronix dual exp pedal could run that and Stutterbox trem at the same time. Help make super chop noises. I already have el cap, lunar echo with exp and malekko delays, but this would be fun fun.

11. Look at all those knobs, get your Tweak on!!!

12. Woohoo, got my Spetsnaz in recently and had a few days to play it, on both guitar and bass it is killer. My favorite fuzz is based on the Big Muff, tried a bunch of the different variants, and so far the keepers are this Spetsnaz and my S&S Bluebeard, and so now I can sell my thrid favorite, the Green Russian Clone I have. I really dig the clean blend on the Spetsnaz, and the way the gain is sort of fuzz and distortion blended together, so a nice tight and heavy fuzz tone, though the lighter gain settings are very useful too. And the graphics are killer as well. Thanks Michael, I have landed another keeper pedal!!!.
    d73f109a-b886-45ed-b0f9-0915a899707a_zpsdd1c2f82.jpg

13. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    Bugbrand Bugcrusher?

14. Just curious, did you ever end up going for electrical engineering? I studied that with similar aspirations but i didn't get to take analog electronics (the only class remotely relevant to pedal building) until my final semester.Luckily I liked my major enough aside from pedal building to still get a good job out of it

15. BassManMike73

BassManMike73

Apr 20, 2011
    Portage, MI
    Haven't gone to school for it yet, but I've bought a couple different books, an have been reading them whenever I have free time.

16. +1 Bugbrand Bugcrusher

17. BassManMike73

BassManMike73

Apr 20, 2011
    Portage, MI
    I'm gonna just throw this out there, I've tried working with the big crusher, and don't plan to mess with it again anytime soon.

18. WesW

WesW <><

Jul 25, 2002
    Springfield, OH
    What are your thoughts on a nice tube OD? Not fuzz per se, but overdrive?
    A 12AX7 maybe?

19. BassManMike73

BassManMike73

Apr 20, 2011
    Portage, MI
    Sounds like a fun project!

20. ubergumby

ubergumby

Nov 11, 2011
    Wisconsin
    +1 maybe something similar to a B7K, with an EQ section that can be used by itself or in series with the OD section