Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Getting My 2nd Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkspec, Apr 25, 2003.

1. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Well, my birthday is comeing up soon and I really need a Jazz bass for school. All I have is a Squier P-Bass which is just a tad to punchy for Jazz band. Anyways, I convienced my parents to get me a new bass. We are really straped for cash so my sister fronted my parents the cash to get me a bass. Im getting a SX Jazz Bass, the 75 B-Stock. Im so excited about it....Ill post pics when I get it. They just ordered it today. WHAAHOO

2. no offense, but...wow dude that blows...your parents cant afford $75. i feel much luckier now.

3. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    thanx....it was 99$, and I really appreciate it. Maybe im weird for being astounded by getting a new cheap bass. Most people arnt as lucky as others.....

4. Congrats, dude, and enjoy...I've been staring at that one for a while...good luck with it.

oh, and whatsaMcGee....no need for that kind of comment here, just be happy for darkspec....your comment whatsaMcGee just made me sad

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    You are an inconsiderate Pr***.

That rules dude. Nothing like a new bass. Especially one that gets played by you first.

6. Guys, any new bass is fatt for the person getting it.whoever posted that really mean reply choke on my 1989 Paul Reed Smith Prototype 3 bass [my first}

7. Wow, those sentences make me extremely angry. Not cool at all man.

And what's wierd is that you have the same gear as darkspec. What irony. :rolleyes:

8. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    That post did make me sad, Im glad to see that most members here are caring though. Thanx guys. This post reminds me of the one in For Sale by Rich. I think the moral here is the same....Its not about waht you have. Im just happy to get a new bass, who cares if its cheap, its going to be mine :) .And also, my Squier is about to get a badass bridge and some quarter pounders...I will post pics of both as soon as I can, Thanx for caring guys.

9. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Those 75 essex are really sweet, they look like a Marcus Miller Jazz Bass, congratulations and enjoy it;)
    Oh yeah, shame on you whatsaMcGee:spit:

10. wah wah wah thats alright ill be here chillin in my $400,000 condo that i spend 3 weeks a year at.

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    $5 says darkspec has 400,000 times your bass playing talent and drive.

12. Danny R.

[​IMG]

13. Danny R.

So you play a Squire P bass through a 15w combo and you spend 3 weeks a year in a $400.000 condo?? are you the cleaning lady??

14. well if he goes nuts over an sx hes must have something i dont have

15. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Wow, you make enough to pay for a 400k condo and you are only sixteen. You must be a genius or something.

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

Ya, what he has that you probably do not is something we call "The ability to make any instrument sound good."

Thanks to your uncalled for, low class, idiotic comment, this thread will probably be closed. Unless of course the mods just delete your posts.

All darkspec was doing was letting people know he was getting a new bass. So what it isn't a MIA Fender P. It is HIS bass. Something HE owns.

You could have atleast had the decency to say something along the lines of "Thats cool". But instead, you make some comment suggesting that you are some how superior.

Your just an idiot.

Darkspec, I am very happy that you are getting a new bass. I got a new bass on teusday, so I know how nice it is. Don't let that "McGee" idiot bring you down. He will be asking you for change one day.

17. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Congrats on your new bass darkspec.

Looks like your family is close, helps each other out.
    Happy Birthday in advance and post pics of your new bass when you get a chance.

18. Danny R.

Hey I just saw her profile again, she erased her current set up (a squire P bass and a 15w amp) I bet she's gonna have a few foderas and MTDs in a few minutes:rolleyes:

19. yes. class. now go off and grow up. go on now.

Seriously, for someone who admires Mike Gordon and Phil Lesh, you're a mean-spirited person. (or maybe you're just "trendy")

:oops: