Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Getting my ass kicked in Op Flashpoint..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Daym, this game is realistic! No running around all guns blazing like in BF1942.

I picked it up couple of days ago as Bestsellers-series Game Of The Year-version, $25 including the both expansion discs etc. and am getting my ass kicked on regular basis even with the wimp-options on full! :spit: :D

Any OpFP veterans out there?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    based on all your weapons combat experience? :p

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Well, I've done my share of crawling in the mud (and snow) with an M-16, if that's what you mean. Never been shot with real bullets, though.

If you want, I'll rephase that: rather realistic, as in more realistic in terms of movement, weapons and ammo, carrying material, campaign and dying when getting shot than usual games. How's that? ;)

4. I love OFP!!!! That is one of the best games in the world! I remember when a lot of people used to be afraid of me on GameSpy because I could own so much in a chopper. I do agree, this game is realistic as hell! If you ever wanna play sometime, lemme know and I'll find my CD and we can go at it ;). ~ Tyler

5. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    OFP rocks. One of my favourite games of all time. Yes you will definitely get 0wn3d messily and often if you run around guns blazing.<BR>Tsal, if you've done some military training then I would suggest applying the things you learned to the game. The developers of OFP are all ex-Czhech army and leaned heavily on their experience when writing the game (according to their blogs etc.). I haven't been in the military myself but have applied some tactics that people who have passed on to me and can assure you they work in the game. Stay down! :D

6. I took an immediate like to driving jeeps and trucks and flying helos (mainly the AH-1). I will go ground, but I am not the greatest..except that one time I went suicidally into open space and some guy in an AH1 had his guns blazing coming straight at me...1 shot in the head with sniper and his helo went KABOOM into the ground along with his already dead body, but that was just luck that I didn't get hit ;).

7. hey I like games! tell me the full name of it. I haven't caught on yet.

My current favorite is Tribes 2. I need to get a new video card to play some of the newer games:(

8. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Operation: Flashpoint - Cold War Crisis is its full title. There have been 2 expansion packs released after the original: Resisatnce and Red Hammer. The game has been out for a couple years now so can probably be had quite cheaply :D