Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

getting my ears pierced(lobe or cartilage?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xcental34x, May 24, 2004.

1. Lobes

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Cartilages

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    For graduation, I want to do something that I've been wanting to do for probably over ten years. Get my ears pierced. Now I can't decide whether to do my lobes or cartilages. Either way, I want to get hoops, and I want to go both. My lobes are kinda large, which kinda discourages me,, but everyone tells me that cartilages will hurt like hell. So which should I get.

~Patrick

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
  3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
  4. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    nips

EDIT: Of the choices you gave I say cartilliage but Im thinking a 3 way industrial for myself.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Unless your a chick (;)) , lobe.

7. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    3 way industrials are THEE SEX ! <333

8. I don't get it :confused:

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Naw, thats just me.

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Ive googled it but its not completely clear. what exactly IS a 3 way industrial piercing?

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

12. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    xcentral34 - I tend to agree that hoops in the cartilage is a more feminine look. You said that your ear lobes are fairly big? Have you considered those big 'ol holes in the ear lobe - the ones that look like they were done with a hole punch like you'd use to get your book report into a three ring binder. I think you can even jam things in there or use some sort of graduated jewelry to help ream out the holes bigger and bigger until you're in touch with your tribal side.

13. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

Yes. Preferably on or near your face. Ear lobe stretching and face tattoo's are two things that I always recommend to the youngsters as being things that they'll never ever regret.

:rollno:

14. Icky. I guess I like the way I was designed to much to go mucking things up :D

I have no problems w/ piercings and tattoo's, but I have a problem with myself getting one :) I've seen very few and far between of either that really and truely "Looks" good.

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You understand what an industrial is?

Its a bar that goes through the ear in two places.

A 3 way would be one that goes through the ear in 3 places.

Imagine if this piercing was done at a different angle so it went through the ear one more time.
    [​IMG]

Everyones ear is different so its not something anyone can get unless you use wire or curved bars. Im pretty sure I can though.

Peace
    Nick

16. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

Hey, I'm with you. I always recommend ear lobe stretching and face tattoos to others, but no tattoos or piercings for me thanks.