Getting my new Roscoe!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Willie Dizon, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Yep!! I finally took the plunge!!! I shall be receiving my new acquisition in about a month.I ordered a LG 3000 (4 string).It has a quilted maple top,Spanish cedar body,the 2 band Bartolini pups/ EQ,rosewood fretboard and topped off with an amber finish.I can't wait.I had to give up the StingRay and drop some cash,but hey,it's worth it.I'll show some pics as soon as I learn how to do that.I'm still somewhat of an ignoramus when it comes to technology.(I still have a Tandy computer sitting around the house somewhere.)Yikes!!!
  2. Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    I'd drop my pants for a bass like that.
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I promise I won't tell Keith;)

Congrat, Willie, I had an LG-3005 last year, great bass.
  4. Uhmmm Jake....I won't get a mental picture...I won't get a mental picture...I won't Arghhhhhhh!!!
    At least the moderator won't see ya!
    Thanks anyways,I sure will miss my MusicMan,unfortunately it was starting to get too heavy.When I was younger I didn't have that problem(sigh).
    Thanks Brad J.!
  5. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Welcome to Club Roscoe! I need to do a review on my SKB 3005, maybe a comparison to my LG 3005. I have decided most people end up trying to justify their new purchase(s), or even talk themselves into it; so I'm gonna live with it, and wait 'til I gig with it. Kind of like a new significant other, wait to see if the lust wears off ;) Don't worry though, it should be a good review based upon the first 3 weeks.
  6. Hey Thumper!!! I'm looking forward to your review.It may be awhile before I gig with mine.First I need to get an amp and cab,then I need a band that I actually want to join.I forgot that you have 2 Roscoes.I'm already thinking of a second one.We shall see.As far as the luster wearing off,When does GAS/LUST ever end?It just goes to another level.

7. id drop my pants, run around around in the complete nude and sing "my ding-a-ling" at freezing temperature for a bass like that. heck, id do that just for the fun of it.
  8. *Homer on*

Mental picture...helloooooooo

*Homer off*
  9. Must be a guy thing to run around with your drawers dropped.When the bass is finished and shipped to good old Virginia Beach,VA,I'll probably feel that way on the inside.(Valley girl accent)I'm like totaly stoked about the new acquisition!Believe me,I fiercely debated with myself about trading in the StingRay.I figured I should buy a bass that is a step up instead of getting one that's just as good.All in all,I really have to thank my MAKER for blessing me with a great job that pays well enough to help me afford a bass like that.Pretty soon I'll be an official employee of the city oc Chesapeake,which means I'm getting a pay raise and benefits...which means more gear on the way.I almost feel as opulent as John "7 string" Turner.Well....not yet.