Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Getting my TRB TONIGHT!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Oct 30, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Well i finally managed to get the moolah to get my TRB, i found out that work was underpaying me, and got what they owe me :D

Now tonight im off to pay of the rest of my new Amberburst Yamah TRB 5II or P, cant remember.. It has the bolt on neck :D

Im so excited, its now 12 33PM and i get off school at 3:10. As soon as i get home, i will take pictures, sound clips, and ill be playing that beast ALLLL long weekend!

2. Good on ya Kirbs. You can't go wrong with a TRB, they are beaut sounding and looking basses :)
    Don't forget to put it down long enough to take some pic's and put em up here.
    I can't wait to see how she looks.

3. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Well i got her :D

It took me a while to get a good sound out of it, im still not sure what controls are what. ill get there. The action is rather high, and theres alot of fret clack, so i cant really play it too hard until i get that fixed.

Anyway here she is with all her other freinds and happy owner. I wont post the actual pic in my psot because its rather large. Im sorry to anyone who doesnt like the color oragne, because theres alot of it in the pics :D

Ive decided to name her chloe :)

4. Berten

Berten

Jun 6, 2002
    Belgium
    And how does the TRB sound??? I really like the looks of it, but what about the sound?

5. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    great bass.
    congrats...
    it's great when working your _$$ off pays off...

too bad all your gear got caught in that fire though... did you have insurance?
    :D sorry...

6. Congrats! I love my Yamaha (BB1500A)!

7. Congrats on the TRB, Kirby.

She's beautiful. BTW, I love that color! ;)

I'm thinking of getting a TRB for my next bass.

Post a review when you're familiar with her.

Good luck.

Happy Halloween. :cool:

Mike

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

METALLICA IS GOOD, Keep Rockin with your new bass

9. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    She sounds awsome. It took me about an hour to get a good sound out of her. Ive got her on middle pickup, 50% bass, 50% mids and no treble suprisingly :eek: Ive screwed around with alot of the setting on my amp though. I move the blend to the back pickup and i get a sound really really similar to jacos.

She sounds awsome, just a bit of fret clack but thats easy fixed.

She looks heavy, but its rather light compared to my other bass. No scratches anywhere. I think its a 5 piece neck. 6 neck bolts, gold hardware looks amazing. Its a beast, and its gunna take alot to damage this thing. The Abalone inlays and "YAMAHA' brand writing up the top looks awsome.

Shes a keeper :)

10. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    Nice bass.

I also like what you did with the walls.

FIRE!:bassist:

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  12. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    Yeah, they rules :D
    my TRB6P just got a purpleheart fingerboard:eek: :eek:

13. Congrats man,I know you've been wanting this:)

14. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    with the famous Fender case:D:D

15. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    Congrats man, I have the bolt on vrsion too (trb6II), it's a great bass!!:cool: