1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Getting my Warwick =D *DM Edition*

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, May 12, 2001.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    since ikickuintheballs said he's getting a Warwick and he got one. I guess I should spill my waters while its still hot. I, myself just sent a check of $1620 for my new used Warwick Bass!! 1995(Fully Handcrafted) Warwick Streamer Stage I with Bartolinis! OOh yeah baby! *Dances around* When i get the bass, I shall post some pics up

DM:D

2. Yummy! :D Can't wait for pics.

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I'll give it two months - before you sell it. ;)

4. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    nice one man, i cant wait till i can get my fretless 'vette

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    You never know!! My Salas.. i got it on September last year and i still have it LOL :) I will never part with my Salas doh.. i love it too much and it was a Custom made one for me so ^_^ I still need Tim Salas to put me a Serial # for this one.. maybe i should have it "DM-I" or something like or "KONO-I" <-- Kono my last name

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Yeah, DM, I wouldn't mind getting a good deal when you go cut rate rock bottom price trying to unload the Streamer.:p The only Warwick I like, and it has Barts! Woohoo!

Be sure and let me know when you are selling it.;)

Seriously - I guess that you finally sold the Modulus?

7. DM, you need some Bass Ex-Lax for that case of GAS.

8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    2 months Oysterhead? HA! Thats a bit liberal isn't it?

I give it 3 days. Hell, less! All you have to do is say "It won't sound like a Warwick" before he even gets it and he won't like it, no matter what! ;)

Besides, I want it.

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    NOOO :O :O :O

*I shall like it, don't listen to any other dudes that i wants my SSI.. I'll like it!! I'LL LIKE IT AHHHHHHHHHH!*

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Looks like it goes to Basses to me! :D

11. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    I have this model of bass too, made in 1995 , Bartolini soap bar with MEC electronics.
    The bass is very heavy due to the massive maple body and neck, I could not play for more than 1 hour, because I am not big.
    The problem with this bass is that the mid range pot doesnot give enough effect to the tone , just aslight effect when you turn it full, lately the electronic make hiss . I have cosulted the technical man at Warwick name Mr Manz, the only possible suggestion is to change the pick up to SD and some pots.
    If anybody interested , I could sell it for US 1,300
    but you must pay the shipment from Australia where I live [ perhapsUS200]. It comes with gig bag.

12. Dude, just get a Duncan or EMG preamp. Don't touch the pickups.

13. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    yeah I'm intrested, didn't you say you live in Indonesia?