Getting my wireless to work.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Apr 17, 2005.

1. So a while ago (like a year or so) I bought a Nady 49R wireless off of tplyons who said it was overdriving a lot. So I thought "Well, maybe I can get it to work fine for me." I got it working fine (the antenna kept hitting the casing causing lots of extra noise and overdriving the signal) and so I fixed it so that didn't happen. Problem solved, worked fine. So then I never really used it (never had that big of a reason to) and it kinda just sat there untouched for a few months.

Well, today I decided "hell, I'ma use it and see if it still works." and well, it doesn't...I turn it all on and it gets the weakest signal ever and produces no sound. Here is the weird thing, if I touch the input on the sending unit to the antenna, perfect signal, take it away (even an inch) and basically no signal. I opened it up and checked to see that all the antenna wires were connected and solid and it looks all good, but for some reason I can't get it to work.

This thing is like a million years old, so it could be that it just died and there is no hope, but I just think there might be something I'm overlooking that could be the problem.

If anyone wants to take a longshot guess here, be my guest. Otherwise, I guess this thread is the biggest waste of time ever.
  2. Uhmmm, Batteries? Did you check 'em? Battery failure is the most common reason why my bass and wireless doesn't work. Other than that, I don't know, check for interfering frequencies in your own house, such as wireless networks and other such things.

Good luck!
  3. Brand new battery in the sending unit, the receiving unit plugs into the wall. I'll try taking it outside and seeing if it works, thanks for the suggestion.

[edit] It's not any interfering signals unless aliens are invading and jamming all signals or the government is up to no good.