1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

getting rid of concrete from your place?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Icey101, Jan 21, 2012.

1. i'm going to do some work on my roof, the ridge capping has come loose so i am going to have a go at concreting it back in place....the only issue i really see is from the excess concrete i am going to have sitting in a barrow setting, i dont have anywhere to get rid of it, i dont even have anywhere to wash it out....

anyone come across this situation before?

ps i ment mortar, 4 parts brickies sand i part concrete

2. What kind of roof do you have that you need to use concrete on? I would just dump the excess in the grass and let it harden. After it is hard, find a pile of rocks and toss it on there. Warning, it will kiss the grass where you dump it. Also, it will burn your hands if you get it on them and don't wash your hands.

lowsound

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Get some sand, form it into a mound, wet it down real good so it stays firm and solid. Pour the concrete over the mound to form evenly around the mound. Let it set and harden up for 24 hours. Flip it over, and you now have a concrete bowl as a deck ornament, or whatever else you want to store in it.

Edit....the size of the mound will depend on how much concrete you have. As a point of reference, a wheelbarrow full would make you a bowl 12" high, and about 18" or so inches across.

-Mike

4. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    Dig a big hole and bury it.

5. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Pour it in your neighbors garbage can.

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Make a swimming pool (see MJ's advice but supersize!).

7. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    LOL!! this is by far the best option.

8. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Ever see "The Great Escape?"

9. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Get the quickcrete stuff and mix it in disposable 5 gallon buckets since it sounds like you wont be using a lot. Also, get a heavy tarp you can throw away later and set everything up on it as your work area.

10. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    Or mailbox... :bag:

11. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    I vote for this.

12. There are some federal laws that might get you on this one!LOL

The bucket ideal is great! When you are done doing your work water down the concrete extremly and then dump in grass. As long as you over water the concrete there will be nothing left but pebbles.

13. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    VERY COOL IDEA.
    You could even make 4 feet on it. Be sure to make a form around the sand and put the concrete on gently to keep the shape. Once hardened enough to flip over, wet it and gently use a broom until you expose the rock in the bowl and top lip--that's called an exposed aggregate surface. Very attractive.