Getting rid of Fret Buzz?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Funkize you, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Hey, How do I get rid of Fret buzz? I have a Lakland, Skyline 55-01 w/Bartolini Pup's Active/Passive. I got it a few days ago and havent been able to play it for more than 10 mins. I through out my back and Strapping a bass on my back dosent seem to Helpful. I also have a problem plugging it in, The cord (Fender California Cable) dosent 'go in' all the way on one end, and the other 'just' makes it. *** is going on there? I heard I can adjust that myself but I dont know how... Would I just open up the Electronic area and see if I can move it a bit?

Sorry, I am new to bass (only a year) and I know NOTHING about the electronics, but I can play well.
  2. Fret Buzz is commonly caused by the action being set to low. You may need to adjust the string height some.

Read this setup manual for bass before you do anything to the neck or bridge.

The jack, sounds like you need to send you bass to an authorized dealer and have it fixed. Set up and all.

Opening up a bass that is new and doing work can cause you to loose your warranty if the work isn't done properly.

Good luck.
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Wrong forum - moved.
  4. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Check out this thread I am sure Lakland would take care of the problem, or help you to do so.