1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting some specially made pickups for my P-Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kcamsdog1387, Nov 5, 2013.

1. kcamsdog1387

kcamsdog1387

Jun 22, 2009
    Seacoast NH
    I've been talking with a local luthier/pickup designer about my tone. He's seen my band play several times, and has already designed pu's for my guitarist. I had Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders in my old bass, and he's convinced me to go with this new design he came up with.
    So far I'll be the only one to use these, and he's changing the wiring to suit my style. His company is Stonewall Pickups, and he's starting to garner some attention in the 6-string world with his P-90s. I'll be sure to do an in-depth review for you guys, as I have no idea what 5/16" pole pieces will do! What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Looks cool. He should call them Phat Poles.

3. When you say "local" you mean someone from Boston that makes pups?
    Because if he is from NJ....RUN!...run far away lol

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    lol

5. kcamsdog1387

kcamsdog1387

Jun 22, 2009
    Seacoast NH
    I've yet to change my location since moving to NH, but yes a local NH guy. I'm a little up in the slowkeep regarding the NJ joke.

6. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    They remind me of delanos. I wonder if they will sound like delanos?

7. kcamsdog1387

kcamsdog1387

Jun 22, 2009
    Seacoast NH
    they might to a point. I would imagine they would have a slightly higher output in the quarter pounders. And opposed to the Delanos, you have bigger pull from the magnets on either side of the string instead of from directly below it.