getting sr900 real soon

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rashbeep, Feb 11, 2006.

1. rashbeep

Jul 15, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    well im getting it but before i do, i wana hear from you guys who have tried or own this bass. what do you like about it? what dont you like about it? (i did a search but didnt find exactly what i was looking for)
  2. Only Ibanez I ever played and liked, and I adored it, it was very small and sleek and versatile, great lows but tight ones. It's definately a good bass, I only passed it up because I got a brand new G&L L-2000 for cheaper on a blowout.
  3. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    my experience is kinda like Todd Stanley's, but with an SRX705 that got replaced by a Carvin. so yea... Ibanez's are pretty great (especially for the price), but i just couldn't resist the beauty of the Carvin.
  4. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Sr 900's are great! They have better sustain than the 500's. It's basically an SR 500 neck thru. They are very clean sounding too. Nice tones.
    I have an SR 400 and I love it. I wanted something as close to an original SR series as possible. {1987-89} The 400 is as close as I'll get especially in the vintage blue.
  5. rashbeep

Jul 15, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    one more thing, could any of you guys who own this bass please post sound clips?
  6. +1 I love my SR406!

I have played the SR500 and the SR1000 series basses, and was blown away by the both! The 900 seems to be a middle ground for them both, should be a killer bass!

7. Eul0gy

Dec 30, 2005
    woo another sr900 buyer im getting mines on wednesday :)