1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Getting started on assembling a bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, May 11, 2006.

1. I got most of the parts. Here's how it looks so far.
    [​IMG]

I've never done this before, but after switching out some stuff on my P-Bass, I'm a little more confident, so here goes nothing!

2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    very pretty

3. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    Nice refreshing blue. If the bridge screw holes are already drilled, it looks like the toughest part left will be the shielding and soldering. It's going to turn out to be a beauty.

btw-is that a USA Custom body by any chance?

4. love the fretboard and the blue, seems to work well

5. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    It looks great, though I would probably do white perloid, because I'm not a fan of just plain white pickguards. :smug:

6. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    Nice. What electronics are you going to put in it?

7. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    If I were you, I'd do the headstock blue, but thats just me...

8. TheJimster

TheJimster

Feb 21, 2006
    Pensacola, FL
    NIce bass man! Good Luck with it!

9. Thats sweet looking. I just built a Jazz myself. The soldering and shielding were definitely the hardest. The rest just pretty much bolts on.

10. Yeah, I'm a novice at that electronics stuff. I'm gonna have to ask someone to help me out.

The body is made by Warmoth, and the neck is an Allparts, both from eBay. I purchased the pickups from a seller on eBay called HAS-Sound. Since it's drilled for four holes on top and a side jack, I think I'll be wiring up two volumes and two tones.

11. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the body and neck?

That's a GREAT looking bass. I definitely would like to see the finished product.

12. The body was $80 and the neck was $200, including the tuners.

13. Looking good!! Last year I put together an incredible Telecaster from Ebay parts. All for under $400 and that's including $175 worth of pups and electronics. I need to build an "Ebay" bass now!!! :)

Keep us updated!!!

14. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Did the neck need any fret work?

15. Wow thats alot less than what I spent on mine, and I think I might like yours better. Not fair :p :D