1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting started.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by xxfaux_punkxx, Apr 10, 2010.

1. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    So I'm trying to start up my frist band. I just want a little garage band to kill time and get the feel of playing in the mix. I've been putting adds on craigslist as well as band member search engines (Myspace, facebook, bandfind etc.) but not much luck. Either they only respond once or they want to make it big and I don't have a rig for that. Any advice on finding mates for hobby band?

2. Unless you have a bunch of friends who play music, its going to be pretty difficult.

3. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Well I do know a singer (screamer *shudder*) and my fiance' claims to play guitar although I've never seen her play....

4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I suggest not telling people you play bass like Sid. :D

Just kidding. Best thing I can think of is to audition for bands you find on CL. I stole my current band from another band I was in and then found my singer through an on-line search engine.

5. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Keep up with CL, visit open mics and make friends with other musicians, just put the word out with friends generally. Start with just one other person to jam with and add more as you go.

6. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    I just got an audition for a cover band on tuesday. I have to learn at least one of 3 songs by then. Wish me luck.