1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting Techno Sounds

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 0--+LoveBass, Mar 18, 2009.

1. 0--+LoveBass

0--+LoveBass

May 11, 2007
    Ithaca Ny
    I was wondering if people have any effects or special technology that allows them to get pretty precise techno sounds.

2. Humbucked

Humbucked

Mar 17, 2009
    Australia
    my Digitech Bass Synth Wah gets some pretty low-down growly synthy swells... check out the Digitech website for some demoes

3. kenlacam

kenlacam

Nov 8, 2005
    akron, ohio
    From a bass? I'd recommend a synth pedal, or just use a keyboard for techno sound. I can't picture a bass by itself getting those type of sounds.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

This would probably be better off in Effects. The sound you appear to be asking about is best obtained with an effects unit, or a keyboard.

5. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    'Techno sounds' is a pretty broad term.. When you say 'techno sounds,' are you talking about a 'techno' as a genre, or encompassing electronic music as a whole? Also, are you looking for bass specific sounds?

If you posted some links to songs/videos and specify which sounds you are looking to achieve, then we can better help you- a budget and list of current effects gear you already have would be helpful as well.