1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Getting the most out of Talkbass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackbird, Nov 12, 2000.

1. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I think EVERYONE should read this one again. There are threads about fender precisions and every other post is someone talking crap about there being another fender thread. Really...why even bother to click on it?

Also the search patrol guys with nothing better to do, why even click on a thread just to say "use the search"? People have to understand that opinions change and the answer for one person may not be the right one for another. I mean it is like some old timers just sit and wait for a thread to pop up so they can post their "use search" BS....

47th Street likes this.
  2. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz

Oct 23, 2011
    Don't skim posts before responding, don't assume you know what is being asked without reading the actual post and ALL RESPONSES!

I've wondered for some time why I had a rather harsh reponse after posting on a particularly long thread some time ago using the line: "I didn't read the entire thread but..."

Good thing I kept my cool and didn't reacted negatively.

Back then, I thought it was OK. I have to say it would have been nice if the OP had explained instead of being just grouchy.

I should come more often in Miscellaneous...

3. ancientrocker

ancientrocker supporting member

Mar 7, 2013
    Hey Blackbird,

I just want to say, however old your comments are I found them useful. likewise to all the other posts on this string. Being new to web forums, I find all that info is very informative; particularly about deleting posts and being constructive with your opinions.:D

47th Street likes this.
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Why, thank you! I can't really take full credit for them, though, as it was more of a collaborative effort some thirteen years ago. :eek:

Glad it's still useful!

47th Street likes this.
  5. OOD

OOD

Jul 29, 2009
    I like to remind myself that I could be wrong. It has happened to me before.

6. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    :D

7. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung What would Fred Rogers do? Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    g'day, all... I'm looking for that page with all the TB acronyms and their meanings. lil help here?

8. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon sofware
  9. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    Getting the most out of TB is an ongoing process... Just remember..

If you see something new either an artist an instrument or what have you that you want to enlighten your fellow low enders to ... do a search.. there is a good chance someone beat you to it.
    No question is too stupid.

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    ...within reason. :D

Howlin' Hanson likes this.
  11. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    Lol....

12. Hello all, i am fairly new here and enjoying this board immensley. I wanted to know if there is a way you can easily find threads you (meaning me) have posted in within your profile somehow.
    Thanks ahead of time!

13. ESPweasel

ESPweasel

Jan 6, 2016
    Charlotte NC
    If you click on your profile it gives you the option to look up your posts. "Your Content" or "Postings"

Is that what you meant?

14. that would be exactly what i am looking for -i will explore in there and see if i can find it.
    thanks.

ESPweasel likes this.
  15. ESPweasel

ESPweasel

Jan 6, 2016
    Charlotte NC
    Technically, you could also put your user name in the search box at the top of the page.

16. Ellery

Ellery

Mar 25, 2015
    Guru Master

17. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung What would Fred Rogers do? Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    "I like to remind myself"... ?
    You, mi amigo, are very obviously not married! :roflmao:

Newer Dave, Misfit Wookiee and Ellery like this.
  18. OOD

OOD

Jul 29, 2009
    I actually am married with two children.

47th Street likes this.
  19. Dougie44

Dougie44

Jul 1, 2012
    Michigan
    You may be right, you may be wrong.

Ellery and 47th Street like this.
  20. Magi003

Magi003

Oct 2, 2014
    Orlando
    Can anyone help me find a pickguard for a 97 Epiphone Rivoli? Im looking for a minty-ish one with a spanking E (epsilon) logo. Much appreciated.

Btw...I'm asking here because I couldn't figure out how to create a new post.