Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Getting through to Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jerry J, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Has anybody had any luck calling Eden lately?

I've tried on several occasions lately. I've wanted to order some stuff directly from them but all I get is the answering machine.

Plus their parts and accessories section on the website says that it's under construction. This has been been the case for several weeks, now.

I was under the impression that with the new ownership that things would be different. :confused: It's just been frustrating.

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Just talked to them yesterday.

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i haven't had any problems recently...i just recently ordered some grilles and badges...but i've noticed the 'under construction' thing...i think the problem may be the new ownership :D but if it gets the man back in the shop...well...

4. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    The under construction thing is because they are revamping the entire site and they are waiting for that. It takes awhile.

5. rddog

rddog

May 30, 2003
    Park City, UT
    If you leave your name and number they will call you back. They are pretty good about that.

You can't order direct from Eden anymore, you have to order from the 800 number and they will relay it to Eden... kinda.

I ordered some parts from Eden (USM) over 3 weeks ago. The parts were in stock (I checked) and they were supposed to ship the following day. USM hit my credit card the following day so I assumed it shipped.

A week later I called to check the status and they couldn't find my order... it took a few more calls to get it resolved and I did receive the parts this week. There were no explanations or apologies offered, they acted just like a 1st set Monday Night crowd with a rousing round of indifference. Sure left a bad flavor in my mouth :eyebrow:

So if you order from them I suggest you follow up with a tracking number request.

RoadDog

6. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Odd :confused: I called the 800 number and you get an answering machine. It then gives you a list of extension numbers, one of which you are able to order accessories and stuff. I dial that number and it immediately goes to an answering machine asking you to leave a message or dial the operator. The two prior times I've dialed the operator I've got nothing.

I'll try them again in the morning. Thanks for your :help:

7. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Oh great. Frustrated with the state of SWR after the Fender takeover, I've considered migrating over to Eden stuff bit by bit, but this... does not sound encouraging. Sounds a lot like SWendeR.

:eyebrow:

8. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy

Jan 2, 2004
    Oregon
    Fedener?

9. ^ No considering Fender doesn't own Eden. :D

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You may have forgotten that U.S. Music bought Eden, eh?

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I just spoke with Barb this week about a cover for my Metro. Got through after about three rings. I always talk to Barb, or Mike. If the issue is above them, they put me through to David.

Maybe they see your number on caller ID and realize you are trouble, so they forward you to voicemail. Hehehe :)

-Mike

12. BYU

BYU

Jun 24, 2004
    The Eden site is currently being redesigned. I know this because I'm the one that's doing it. The online store has been taken offline to switch over to a new system (possibly run through PayPal). It will be active some time after the new site is posted. I hope to have this done within 3 weeks of today.

In regard to some of the expressed concerns here, I can assure you that the purchase by U.S. Music Corp. has not affected the quality of Eden's products and, in fact, the quality of the cabinets has been improved. I have nothing but the highest regard for Eden's bass amps & cabs. I personally think they're the best in the industry & I'm not saying this because of my affiliation with them.

Jerry J. - if you need to place an order for parts or accessories, dial 0 for the receptionist and ask for Becky. She handles the orders.

Cheers,
    Bill

13. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    See I told you. What's it going to look like. It's what I do for a living and am dying to see what it looks like.

14. BYU

BYU

Jun 24, 2004
    Hello firkinahsoul,
    Give me an email address you'd prefer to get a few jpgs of and I'll send them off. I'm still testing and waiting for some text & other content but it'll give you the general idea.

The new site will have all the good stuff - PDFs of manuals, sign up for the newsletter, and discussion forums, etc. Suggestions welcome but no promises, especially this far in.

Cheers,
    Bill

15. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I thought that had been a done deal for awhile now. With SWR, there was the psychological factor of having a certain level of service withdrawn after the takeover, which is always more aggravating than never having it in the first place. I figured as long as things were being well-run by Eden's new owner (which I presumed to be the case), I wouldn't know if I was missing anything from "the good old days" era of the product, having never owned Eden equip.

I've got my eye on an Eden 8x10 cab. I prefer the design of the SWR 8x10, but I'm not crazy about those PAS speakers. I figured from there I would give Eden first shot when my SM-900 became tired or I became tired of it (though a new preamp tube has breathed a lot of life into it). I suppose I need to do more homework....

16. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I will do that. Thanks for the info.