1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

getting VoiceMemos off an iPhone

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob_Ross, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I suppose it's times like this I regret not having children ... :)

I have an Apple iPhone (model 5S running iOS 12.1) and occasionally I use the VoiceMemo app to record musical ideas or audio-verite that I encounter on my travels. I just noticed that I have over a dozen recordings dating back almost 5 years still on my phone. I want to offload them to my computer so that I can edit them in my DAW (and also so I can erase them from the phone, 'cuz they're a bit hard to manage from within the app).

But every time I connect my iPhone to a USB port on my computer one of two things happens:
    1) iTunes automatically launches, but then it doesn't recognize any of my stored VoiceMemos; or
    2) nothing

I remember several years (and OS revisions) ago if I connected the phone to a USB port the iPhone would appear as an external drive on the computer's desktop. That doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Anyone have any ideas? Or, anyone have a 12-year-old kid who can explain it to me?

Thanks.

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Emailing them to yourself would probably be the easiest way.

Bob_Ross likes this.