getting wet

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by momma'sboy, Sep 19, 2006.

1. momma'sboy

momma'sboy

Jul 11, 2006
    pinas
    what to do when your bass guitar gets wet?...
    about six hours ago, i took out my bass for a practice at my friend's house and the sun was smiling at me :) , then after practice, the sun's smile hasn't change one bit :) .. so i decided to take my bass to school which is i thought its not such a bad idea...then three hours later the ugly rain cloud :( started to spit at us. :crying: it rained so hard that my underpants got wet (just kidding).. so me and my friends stayed at the gates of school where the guard house is and waited for the rain to stop.. too bad for me the rain hasn't slow down a single bit and standing there with the guards is so ..... i can't say it here... so we decided run, and i ran... i ran to the jeepney terminal and hopped on, then off to the subway station, then i have too ride another jeep home sweat home... when i arrived at my house i checked my bass its kinda wet but not as wet as water dripping out of it and theres not a single drop i saw, but its cold, cold as water of the rain... then i checked my notes at the front pocket of my gig bag and its wet... but the tuner residing beside seems to be ok, and i tested it it works just fine...
    and i have done so far was taking out the battery from my bass,
    thats my story and i need help ... any suggetions?

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Dry it off and hope your hardware doesn't corrode.

3. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Inactive

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    leave it to dry and get a waterproof gigbag.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021