1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

gettting those sparkly highs with an add on cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thefunkelastic, Feb 19, 2008.

1. thefunkelastic

thefunkelastic

Oct 23, 2007
    I have an ashdown electric blue 180w and it has a 15'' driver. It gets the lows like none other (well I'm sure plenty of others do, but it does it well) but when it comes to high mids and the high end it can't do it at all, it just gets muddy, if I add an extension cab with a tweeter can I fix that? If so what do people suggest as the add on? I was thinking the ashdown 2x10, because of the relatively low power of the head does it not even make sense to add another cab, if I get more speakers how would i wired it all up should I just save for a new amp/stack alltogether?

thanks for the help I have no idea what is up,

-Funk

2. thefunkelastic

thefunkelastic

Oct 23, 2007
    can anyone help me here, I'm really lost as far as the world of amps goes

3. only4

only4

Aug 12, 2006
    Manchester UK
    From what i remember the EB180-15 only delivers it's full wattage in to 4 ohms so if you added the ashdown 2x10 mag cabinet for example it would be no problem.