1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GGG pedal build: A/B switch box and Green Ringer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ryker888, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ryker888

ryker888

Jul 21, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    I'm finally getting into the world of pedal building. I figured I would start off easy with some GGG kits. My A/B switch box came today and aside from wiring the led's backwards at first, assembly went off without a hitch. I also ordered a Dan Armstrong Green Ringer octaver clone which should hopefully be delivered either tomorrow or Friday. I'll get on building that one asap and hopefully be done before Sunday when I go out of town for spring break. Pics and updates as soon as I get started on the green ringer

A/B box pics

[​IMG]

Here I made the mistake of soldering the DC jack on the wrong side, so I'll go back and fix that eventually

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Welcome to the pedal building world...it's a funky bug to have...

Words of advice: use shorter wire. Measure out what you want to do first...It'll save you time in the debugging process and just helps with space in general.

3. ryker888

ryker888

Jul 21, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    thanks, I think im going rewire some stuff to clean it up a bit. And I'll actually measure out wires next time instead of just cutting random pieces of wire and goin to town

4. ryker888

ryker888

Jul 21, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    Alright Green Ringer time.

Kit came today
    [​IMG]

and now ive assembled my first PCB
    [​IMG]

Gut Shot
    [​IMG]

and now to fiddle with it
    [​IMG]

Now Ive sucessfully built my first pedals! :hyper:
    now I tink I can move on to something a little more complex, maybe a Rat or Fuzz face clone?

clips will be comming very soon. The sound is certianly interesting, I can see this little thing being fun.

5. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Green Ringer into the Big Muff, please.

6. ryker888

ryker888

Jul 21, 2008
    Birmingham, AL