ghetto recording

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by HELLonWHEELS, Jan 27, 2006.

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I just recorded my bass using by pluggin in my amp(through the headphone jack) into my microphone imput on my computer. And it worked the only question is what programs could i record into and could the sound damadge my speakers??
  2. Audacity is what I use, and if the amp has good speakers, then no it will not dammage anything. or just buy $10 dollar speakers and use them as you're monitoring speakers if you want to feel safe.
  3. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    On a completely non-related note, I see another Paul Stanley fan. You're probably the punk that prevented my getting "Starchild" as all my nicks.
  4. Dontcha mean Stainly tweedle fan, hes lot more funny.
  5. Check the FAQ sticky at the top of this forum. You should be able to find some free shareware programs for multi track recording. If not there try something like Just read the user reviews and watch out for crap with spyware.

Also, try plugging into your "line in" instead of your microphone in on your sound card. The mic in will distort if you overdrive it with too much signal from you bass. You may have to go into you sound properties to make sure the line in is enabled.