1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ghost-"Opus Eponymous"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Greevus, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Greevus

Greevus

Apr 15, 2009
    If you are a fan of Mercyful Fate, Angel Witch, Witchfynde, or other early melodic metal, then this CD is up your alley. Best songs I've heard in the classic metal style in ages. Bass player has a nice growly/punchy tone, especially on opening vocal track "Con Clavi Con Dio". "Ritual" is my fave track though. From Sweden, band dresses in black robes and frontman is an Evil Pope with mummyish makeup and a real King Diamond vibe going on. Love the melody!

Some serious early Mercyful Fate influence happening. Very obvious, but the album is just so damn catchy.

2. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    ^^ what he said. but it's easier to hear for yourself. I'm primarily into heavy bands that are far far heavier than this, but this band has no shame in slimming down a song to pure mad hooks that you can't get out of your head! the bass sounds very clear and commanding without out overpowering, just about perfect. especially during the chorus. very reminiscent of blue oyster cult with a little megadeth and KD thrown in for good measure.

YouTube - Ghost-Ritual >From Sweden<

2utngbq.