Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ghost posts

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bob Clayton, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i've noticed this has been happening alot, but i havn't seen it happen to one of my posts...

ok, say i open up "my talkbass"

Ex: it might say that someone (ie JT) made a new post for a certain thread at a certain time (say Noon just for example)

so i open the thread up to see what the new post is about, just to see that there is no new post, his post from the previous night is still there at the real time he posted, not noon...this has happened quite often...i'm thainking a cookie problem...but would cookies "create" posts?

has anyone else noticed this?

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I'm not sure exactly what you mean - I've only noticed something similar with polls and it is one of the most irritating things about TB - if somebody ticks the box, then that thread moves to the top of the pile - you think that somebody has added to the debate and look - but there are no new posts! :mad:

3. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Ok let me try and explain it more clearly, made your post at 4:10PM (for my time zone)...now lets say no one else replied(not even me) and your post was still the last post...when i go back to My TB...it will say that u posted again at a later time...say 5:50PM for example...i click on the thread to see the new post, and there is no post at 5:50PM, only the one at 4:10

did that help?

4. Did you try hitting the "refresh" button?

Or maybe it happens when the last post is deleted before you could read it?

5. i know what your problem is, its because the thread is a poll and someone voted but didnt post, which is why you dont see any new posts. this happened to me a few times before i figured it out too. at least i think thats what it is... ;)

6. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Not quite Def, cuz it happens with threads that don't have polls

7. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I get a lot of late email notifications to "new" posts I've already seen in subscribed threads.

Many times I get no notification. I see the thread listed in the most recent posts list, so I check in, and there will be anywhere from 1 to a bunch of new posts that I never get email for.

8. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    thats what im talking about