Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ghost Story....

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by ironmaidenisgod, Jun 2, 2004.

1. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    With so many questions about ghost bends and ghost notes,I guess Mike Dimin must be seeing ghosts. :D.Okay poor joke. :oops:

Well Mike, I tried out the exercise you gave me.It was on the B Minor Pentatonic scale,I guess.

You told me to bend the B-flat and D-flat notes(1 and 4 on the A- string).Firstly I created small riffs around them.Here I had difficulty bending so low on the string.So I started bending higher up(After the 12th fret).Should I learn to bend lower down?

Also I had trouble incorporating ghost bends since I couldn't co-ordinate with the beats.Normal bends were okay.

2. dadoors721

dadoors721

Jun 5, 2004
    chicago
    im just starting out but idno what i should get im looking to spend 200-250$ if ya have any sugestions IM me at AIM Screen Name:dadoors721 or email me at :ledzepp4201@yahoo.com :bassist:

3. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Use the bends in a more melodic point high up on the neck

Mike

4. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    I'd look for a used MTD Kingston. This one bass will take you as far as you want to go

Mike

5. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    Thanks.