1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ghostly Train Pulls Out Of The Station

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The Owl, Jan 11, 2006.

1. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Yup, it's finally done, "Ghost Of A Train", my new CD of fierce, mysterious instrumental progressive rock is complete and available here: http://cdbaby.com/cd/owlwatches

[​IMG]

Those of you who dig stuff like King Crimson, Magma or similar things will definitely find something to like here. I did the whole thing at home with guest musicians (mostly drums).

Enjoy

2. Friggin coolness, Im gonna order it.

3. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Coolness, you won't be disappointed.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Awesome dude, I really dug the myspace tracks I heard!

Man... I need money...

5. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Thanks SMASH!! I'm taking a creative breather right now. It wasa pleasure to produce but it takes a bit of wind out of you too.

My next endeavors will include:

1) Playing bass on a new Tony Island album, here's the back story: www.geocities.com/theowlwatches/tonyisland.html

2) Sorting out the leftovers from "Ghost Of A Train" and seeing if any of it can work on a future Owl Watches disc or whatever media may be au courant' (many are predicting that CD's will be obsolete in a short time, and I can believe it).

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm listening to your myspace stuff right now and it's pretty awesome. I might just have to get the CD!

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Awesome, quick question, in the review it said you did:

[electric 6 & 12-string guitars, slide guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, Mellotron, misc. percussion, environmental sounds, treatments, drum programs on a couple of tracks]

What exactly are treatments?

8. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Treatments is a term I borrowed from Brian Eno, it involves any alteration of existing sounds such as using effects to varying degrees (in my case, I used reverse attack things, time stretching, looping as examples).