1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GHS Brite Flats coming for my acostic/electric

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by davidsmashdrums, May 10, 2011.

1. M3075 GHS Brite Flats
    Gauges: 49, 62, 84, 108

we'll see how they do on my Oscar Schmidt bass. I'm hoping for a super awesome marriage of bass & string bliss! like I have with my MIC Indiana P style with old Fender black silk SS & my CV P with 760FM

Anyone else using GHS brite Flats on an Acostic/electric there one bass

2. markanini

markanini

Jun 25, 2008
    I swap the G for a 45 for this set, the balance ends up being stellar. Juststrings.com have Brite Flat singles if your interested. They actually do a very good upright simulation on an electric, I bet it'll sound beautiful on your acoustic

3. thank you for the suggestion
    45 for the G ok, we'll see on this Oscar Schmidt OB100S how they play/feel

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I love them. They come out of the pack a bit grimy though. I always wipe them down (I use WD-40) before installing them. They feel really grabby right out of the pack.

5. like dirty from left over grind of the strings? So I should alcohol wipe em before putting them on WD-40? does this make them more slippery?

I hope the set has only brite flats in em, because last time I ordered a set off eBay they had a totally full roundwound A string. Set them back and got a full refund

6. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Yeah, there's like a gray grimy residue that comes off of them. Alcohol wipe should do the trick too. WD-40 adds a little lube.

7. wiped em off wash cloth & alcohol, nothing came off dirt, dust or GHS string particles. Now off to Sal the luthier so he can finish the bass soon!

8. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Cool! Freaky, but cool! Maybe they've refined their process since this time last year?

9. they suck on this bass, G & D are cool but A & E are dead-er then chromes.

think I may need to try some DR LO-Rider 50-110 or the medium scale Chromes I liked 45-65-80-100

10. markanini

markanini

Jun 25, 2008
    I've experienced the dead E and A syndrome aswell. I run those particular strings through a small ultrasonic whenever I get a set like that, usually it does the trick. Might seem strange to put that kind of effort into one particular string but I guess I really like the way they sound, when everything's in order. GHS customer service is always quick and helpful and will send replacements if you got a bad set.

11. thanks I'm going to try the GHS boomers 50-70-95-115 heavy set $19.98 of eBay

12. YEAH! these boomers are just what this bass needs lots of mass heavy 50-70-95-115 strings! Sounds great more even acoustically & amplified!