Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GHS Infinity Steel Bass Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bradders, May 17, 2004.

1. if anyone has used these strings i would like to know whether they are worth their money value. over in australia they are about twice the value of a set of basic GHS boomers.

2. I have a set of these on my 5 string Tobias. I think they are awesome. I have had the same set on there since last october and they still sound great. I am truely amazed. I have used elixers before and liked the feel of these better (Have almost a tacky type feel but in a good way) but the coating always would start flaking off the elixers anywhere from one day to 3 months after I put them on.

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I like 'em, but prefer Boomers. They sound good, and that's what matters. And they looked great against my red mirror pickguard on the Harris P :)

4. I've never tried Infinity Steels, but I have a set of GHS Super steels which sound pretty good. The Supersteels sound better than Boomers IMO. The Supersteels are on my T-bird. But I have to admit, after I tried a set of DR Loriders on my Fender Jazz, I don't think I'll buy another set of GHS. :smug:

5. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I have a set of these on my Black Cherry 5-string Spector Euro 5, they are pretty damn cool. I can't say for sure that they sound better or last any longer than standard steel strings but they sure do look cool and that coating lasts quite a while. if you have a red bass they are a must have!!