1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GHS Infinity Steel Bass Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bradders, May 17, 2004.

1. if anyone has used these strings i would like to know whether they are worth their money value. over in australia they are about twice the value of a set of basic GHS boomers.

2. I have a set of these on my 5 string Tobias. I think they are awesome. I have had the same set on there since last october and they still sound great. I am truely amazed. I have used elixers before and liked the feel of these better (Have almost a tacky type feel but in a good way) but the coating always would start flaking off the elixers anywhere from one day to 3 months after I put them on.

3. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I like 'em, but prefer Boomers. They sound good, and that's what matters. And they looked great against my red mirror pickguard on the Harris P :)

4. I've never tried Infinity Steels, but I have a set of GHS Super steels which sound pretty good. The Supersteels sound better than Boomers IMO. The Supersteels are on my T-bird. But I have to admit, after I tried a set of DR Loriders on my Fender Jazz, I don't think I'll buy another set of GHS. :smug:

5. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I have a set of these on my Black Cherry 5-string Spector Euro 5, they are pretty damn cool. I can't say for sure that they sound better or last any longer than standard steel strings but they sure do look cool and that coating lasts quite a while. if you have a red bass they are a must have!!