GHS Pressure Wound on Spector?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mediocrity Man, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Wantage, New Jersey
    Anyone ever try pressure wounds on their Spector Rebop?

I'll be picking up a Rebop 4dlx soon and will be aiming towards a smooth warm yet defined sound to broaden my range. Right now I'm playing an Ibanez SR500 with DR Black Beauties. It's a great combo but more punchy and aggressive.

Just some thoughts.

2. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    I've used Pressurewounds on my Warwick Streamer for many years, so you could argue that I've got experience with it...:roflmao:

I think they'll fit your needs. I got them initially (when I was just an endorsing artist) to have a mellower sound with some focus and clarity; previously I was using our Contact Core Super Steels. While it took me a second to adjust to the new sound, I really liked where the strings sat in the mix, while still being able to be heard with clarity.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021