ghs ss Precision flatwound strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by GlennB, Aug 10, 2017.

1. GlennB

GlennB

Mar 25, 2017
    I have a vintage 80's import P bass which has become an experimentation platform. I've also been using it for learning Motown and funk lines which are very new to me. I bought a set of GHS precision flatwounds for it for this purpose. That was the plan... but then I noticed my Squier Dimension 4 string sitting there. Still has the factory strings on it.

Can anyone share their thoughts on the GHS strings with the Dimension bass ? Or for that matter flatwounds in general on the Squier Dimension. This is my first set of the flatwounds.

thanks

Linnin likes this.
  2. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Squier Dimension deluxe IV pickups is strong MID rangy present with stock Fender 7250ML round string.
    By teory, you need some Scoop sound flatwound string like Broke in Labella 760 to balance the tone nicely .

Hopehelp

GlennB likes this.
  3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Put the GHS Precision Flats on your Precision bass copy. Put a set of GHS Bass Boomers on your Dimension. That way you'll have best of flatwound and roundwound sounds at your fingertips.

4. GlennB

GlennB

Mar 25, 2017
    Since I only have the one set of flatwounds I be will putting them on the P bass. And then do more research for a set of strings that will soften the Dimension sound a bit. I've tried the sponge under the strings technique with the Dimension and get a pretty rounded sound. But something just a bit softer than the Fender stock strings would be nice. Thanks for the comments Linnin and Yahboy.

5. Precision Flats on the Precision = no brainer.

As for the Dimension, you might want to check out the new GHS Balanced Nickels, which have just been introduced.

BALANCED NICKELS

Here's the thread: GHS Balanced Nickel strings

Pure nickel on a round core = warm punchy lows with clear smooth mids with very little zing up top.

GlennB likes this.
  6. GlennB

GlennB

Mar 25, 2017
    Thanks Michael_t i will take a look at the GHS balanced Nickel and the thread.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021