GHS Super Steels

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Sigshooter226, Oct 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sigshooter226

Sigshooter226

Oct 31, 2016
    Aurora, Co
    Hey guys. I noticed there isn't a whole lot of talk on here about these. I put these on my Stingray recently thinking it might be a total mistake since I have heard they are really bright. Here are my findings. (Amp setting with all knobs at noon, contour and presence off)
    Yep, there bright all right. However, I find they are very musical. Surprisingly not as bad as I thought seeing how it's a bright bass to start with and I just roll off treble to taste (not overkill). The mids seem to be really aggressive and forward. And the bottom is articulate and growling. Tension is very playable. I'm using the 102 set. After playing them in a band setting, and alone I have achieved the tone in my head. Longevity is above average for me as well.

SirMjac28 and trothwell like this.
  2. trothwell

trothwell

Apr 9, 2008
    Excellent! Super Steels are great strings; very musical sound across the low/mid/high spectrum.

dagrev and Sigshooter226 like this.
  3. Sigshooter226

Sigshooter226

Oct 31, 2016
    Aurora, Co
    Couldn't agree more. I am not a fan of the boomers. So I was leary of these. Couldn't be happier. After working in a boutique bass store and trying EVERYTHING imaginable I have non desire to change this combo. It really does just work. For the first time I hear every note played in the mix.

Jon Moody likes this.
  4. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Sponsored by GHS
    10s581t.jpg