1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Giants: They, The Undeserving

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by warwick.hoy, Aug 30, 2008.

1. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Anyone on the boards ever hear of Giants. (Not the one on wiki, the one from the midwest)

A great Post Rock/Instrumental band; they came through town on the 18th. I was impressed enough to buy one of their CDs....They, The Undeserving.

Actually my band played on the same bill as them and they crashed on my floor before heading down to Boise but thats not what this is about. I just want to plug a great band. If you haven't heard them yet check them out

www.myspace.com/giantsmusic

The record reminds me of a mellow Pelican. Very majestic and very mature and well put together.

2. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Oddly, I hadn't heard of them. A blatant EitS clone (even down to artwork), but a pretty good one none the less.

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Took me a bit but it is Explosions in the Sky right? I checked them out briefly. I like it.

4. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    yes. I figured since you liked Giants you would know the "godfathers" of modern post-rock... ie: Mogwai, Tortoise, Explosions in the Sky, Godpeed you! black emperor, mono, etc. sorry to confuse.