1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gibson 3 Point

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hobobob74, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Hobobob74

Hobobob74

May 21, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
  2. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    That is really cool! I wonder if that would fit on the Epiphone Thunderbirds?

3. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    nice! thanks for the heads up! i just ordered one.

JR

4. Hobobob74

Hobobob74

May 21, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    That's what I was wonderin

5. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    I'm not sure if the threaded inserts that Gibson uses are the same as the ones that Epiphone uses (imperial vs metric). the Hipshot bolts that secure the bridge to the body may not be compatible with the Epiphone. the Gibson 3 point bridge and the Epiphone are not interchangeable.

6. Cactusgrant

Cactusgrant

Jul 27, 2006
    I really hope they fit on my epi, I was gonna change the neck and to be honest, I hate the bridge and pickups, but darn it the thunderbird is a cool shape, so I have my fingers crossed this will fit

7. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    I'm not sure you really need a replacement for 3 point bridge. I know it's not the best design but when propperly set up it works fine.

8. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    +1

I have 3 basses with the 3 point bridge and have no problems with them.

9. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Looks like a good way to add 2 lbs. to your already heavy mahagony body and neck!!

danman

10. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    Gibson tbirds aren't heavy at all. try one if you haven't. the epis aren't made from mahogany.