1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

gibson eb-2d copy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by canadianchris, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. canadianchris

canadianchris

Jan 8, 2018
    View attachment 2868612 Hi guys ! Im new here, ive used this site for references and information a lot in the past but i cant seem to find information about a copy of a gibson eb-2d bass im interested in,
    Ill have more pictures later on tonight but for now thats all i got
    Does anybody know anything about these basses ? Are they any good ?
    The biggest differences ive noticed so far on the picture are the tuners, theyre really close together and the pickups as well, the dimension of the body seems to be smaller than a regular eb-2 bass also it doesnt have the baritone switch, so yeah clearly a copy and not an exact one. ive always loved these basses but cant seem to spare over 3000$ for a bass, sadly
    So im hoping someone can help me get information on these basses
    Thanks !

2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Welcome to TB!
    Well, it's hard to know what actually is on display, as it has already been acknowledged that it's a fake Gibson, probably from some factory in China. The pickups and pickguard look cheap and misaligned, and the bridge does not appear to be installed straight, at least based on the single photo.
    Personally I have a moral issue with counterfeit stuff and won't touch it at any cost. If they had not put "Gibson" on it but rather "Meehow" or whatever, at least they aren't selling it under the pretense of actually being a Gibson.

bholder and Axstar like this.
  3. canadianchris

canadianchris

Jan 8, 2018
    Wow guys thanks ! All of your answers are perfect and am definetly not gonna spend a dime for this !!

4. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Yep. Terrible fake.