Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro (UK)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Steve Lawson, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Got a couple of spare Echoplexes - see www.gibsonechoplex.com for all the info. These are the white fronted ones (the last version before the Echoplex Digital Pro Plus). Boxed, unused, with warranty etc. Includes foot controller.

£450, plus shipping.

The EDP is the rolls royce of loopers - I use four of them. Email me for more details...

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

2. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Hi, Steve. Hope you don't mind if I hijack this thread, but you seem to be one of the looping authorities here at Talkbass...

I acquired a used Echoplex awhile ago, with the intention of using it as a practice, composition, and live performance tool. Right now, I find the whole thing intimidating as heck and I haven't had the wherewithal to really tear into it yet.

Do you have any suggestions for someone just starting out with looping, specifically with the Echoplex? For now, I want to focus on practicing and writing -- I'm still not all that convinced it will be terribly useful in a four-piece band, but time will tell.

Any advice or resources that you -- or anyone else -- can send my way would be much appreciated. Thanks!

(Should I have posted this outside of the classifieds?)

3. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Talkbass forums > bass Guitar > Ask a Pro > Ask Steve Lawson and Michael Manring

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=42

BTW, Steve, maybe you'd get more responses if you were selling a used one? I personally think it would be cool to have one you actually played.

Edit: HTML doesn't work in this forum... :rolleyes:

4. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    HI Lush,

probably best to ask technique related questions over in my forum... fire away...

Selling second hand EDPs? LOL - I'm sure I could play through one before someone bought it, if they really wanted, but I'm guessing that's not going to be a problem for most people... :D

cheers

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    how much is that in american dollars?

6. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK