1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gibson/Epiphone club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dstaudy, May 9, 2006.

1. dstaudy

dstaudy

May 7, 2006
    SHOW OFF AND TALK ABOUT YOUR GIBSON OR EPIPHONE BASS I MYSELF I HAVE A EPIPHONE THUNDERBIRD:bassist:

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    caps lock?

And you're not showing off your Tbird...

3. rallykid

rallykid

Apr 28, 2006
    Davison, MI
    Waiting until next month for my T-Bird Goth and trust me, it will be plastered all over these pages. :hyper: :bassist: :D

4. marwady

marwady Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
  5. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
  6. marwady

marwady Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    Thanks!

I aquired them all because they each "bring somthing different to the table". Since that photo was taken, I've added a nice SR4, an OLP Tony Levin Sig, and a really cool MIM P Bass that I did the Jamerson treatment on (flats, bridge ashtray with foam).

However, I would have to say the Ripper is my sentimental favorite. Back in the day, I played a ton of gigs and made a nice living with that bass. I also met my wife while I was playing it!! It still suprises me how, after all these years, how great it sounds and plays.

7. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    '94 Les Paul
    lp3.

'72 EB-3
    eb-3.

'76 Ripper
    ripper.

'95 Rivoli
    rivol6.

8. rallykid

rallykid

Apr 28, 2006
    Davison, MI
    Crappy pics taken with a camera phone but here is my new epi T-Bird Goth. Will post more pics when I can get my hands on a digi cam. And yes, I cleaned off the smudge. :spit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Funkengrooven

Funkengrooven Turn it down? You gotta be nuts!!

Here is my 1966 Epiphone Rivoli, The first REAL bass I ever owned
    I tracked down the guy I sold it to and he GAVE it back.
    Nice Guy Eh??
    Besides, we have been friends for better than 25 years, that probably helped.
    The Extra routing in the body (a nasty P-Bass pickup hole) that is covered by the black plastic plate, was done by the previous owner and I made it worse...When I was young and stupid...By adding the Baby Humbucker.
    It will soon to be covered with a piece of Gabon Ebony Thoughtfully supplied by Dave Pusic of DP Custom Guitars.

Attached Files:

10. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Spector Basses-New Artist
    basses.

Sorry bout the bad picture but these 2 I love for some reason
    Planning to throw EMG's in the T-bird

11. Kutmasta

Kutmasta

Jul 2, 2006
    My friend has a goth T bird, he really likes it.
    Personally I think they are muddy, but since hes playing it though a big guitar amp its not got as much low end so its not muddy

12. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    This thread might need resurrected? Never had any Gibson's,or Epiphone's until recently. Here is a few pictures,after I removed the Chrome hardware,and put the gold hardware on mine,that I just acquired,a few weeks,ago. IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0153.JPG IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0155.JPG

thunderbird66 likes this.
  13. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    My Jack Casady Limited Edition in silver burst ans EB-3. Not the best photo, but all I have at the moment! IMG_1115.

14. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    One of each
    IMG_2239.JPG