1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gibson G3 for a G&L Lynx?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cavscout19d, Jan 12, 2012.

1. cavscout19d

cavscout19d

Mar 17, 2010
    Might have a deal in the works to trade my G3 for a Lynx. Should I do it? I'm sure the Lynx is more versatile and probably overall a better bass, although the G3 is likely more "collectible". I'm a player and not a collector and my gut says do it but I just wanted some outside opinions. Both basses are in overall nice shape and original. Thanks!

2. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Not sure about the value of a Lynx, but if its the right bass for your needs then do it.

3. I'd keep the G3. I think it's more sought-after and you'll get a much better trade value later on. I might be wrong to. If you get a chance, try it. Or maybe just buy it instead of trade?

4. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    do it....do it! GNL!

5. cavscout19d

cavscout19d

Mar 17, 2010
    I know! Just got my first G&L ever ('89 L1000), and between that and the Lynx, my personal tonal needs should be more than covered. If it looks good and plays right I will probably do it, maybe.

6. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

I would call the G3 a better investment but you won't get rich off either.

I would keep the G3, but that is just me....

7. Dricoman

Dricoman

Apr 19, 2013
    Mesa Arizona
    I know this is a very old thread but did you do the trade. The G3 Gibson looks really cool.
    I just bought a Lynx, my reasoning is I had one in 1997 and got rid of it and have wanted one for years but they seem to be pretty rare so saw one used in good shape on GC website and scooped it.
    We will see, I love the quality of G&L basses!!