1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gibson Grabber II at GC? Cheap(er)?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theavondon, May 13, 2010.

1. theavondon

theavondon

May 11, 2009
    Town
    So, while wandering through my local GC, I see something that piqued my interest. It was a Gibson Grabber II, which I had been wanting to try out. It played about how I expected, which is to say, pretty nice (neck is a bit big, but the action was super low). The most surprising thing about it was that it was priced $999 new, which is WAY cheaper than I've seen it before. I talked to one of the employees, and he said that Gibson gave them a bunch just to blowout, because they apparently weren't selling.

So, now I'm worried about my bank account. Anyone with me?

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Sounds pretty nice - IMO, I'd rather have one of the older ones - because I like old stuff, and they're actually cheaper - I've seen them go for around $500-1000

3. theavondon

theavondon

May 11, 2009
    Town
    True, but I really like playing before buying, and I can't seem to find stores that stock vintage Grabbers. Plus, a set neck is pretty neat.

4. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    i snagged a vintage grabber for 700 bucks, you might as well just get the real thing.