1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gibson Grabber String Suggestions

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by J03YW, Nov 28, 2018.

1. J03YW

J03YW

Nov 23, 2012
    USA
    Hey y'all, first post in a few years! I just grabbed a '76 Gibson Grabber off Reverb and I'm at a crossroads regarding how I want it strung. It's coming strung and set up with a set of flats on it, which I'm definitely gonna try. However, in the likely event that I slap roundwounds on it, I've heard that it requires extra long strings since it's strung through the body (for regular sets I've heard that the taper/felt start before the nut). What should I put on it? Will my spare set of super slinkies (pink bag, 45-100) fit on it? Thanks!

2. Dan Motor

Dan Motor

Jul 17, 2018
    Madison, WI
    I can't find good info on the length of the super slinkies, but I've used the standard GHS Boomers on my Grabber for years. No problems on the length. Never heard of an issue with standard bass strings not working on grabbers. I think you'll be good.

I saw a run of really sweet grabbers on Reverb lately -- congrats on the purchase!

3. Dan Motor likes this.