1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gibson Grabber

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vegas532, Mar 3, 2008.

1. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I've made a painful decision to sell my 975 Gibson Grabber. I'm madly in love with the tone of this bass, but it truly is too painful on my fretting hand to play. It is an Alder bodied '76 with a maple board. There is minor wear on the bass, most notably the typical "neck rash" that a lot of old Gibson seem to suffer from. I don't have the Gibson case, but I have a Ibanez case that fits it well.

I'm seeking $900 or best offer shipped.

shitbox067.

shitbox068.

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    man i dig these basses reallllly bad.

Why does it hurt your fretting hand?

are you looking for trades?

3. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    It's a wonderful combination of congenital deformities and some carpal tunnel in my hands...fun, huh? :meh:

I'm looking to something with more of a Jazz profile. The shame of it is that the Grabber tone is so unique and I love it so much. I fought this decision for damned near half a year!! :crying:

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    man...guess your carpal tunnel has no interest in my 6 string =[

5. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    That would be an understatement...:p

6. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    well, good luck with the sale. After listening to bands and wondering what the kind of bass it was i discovered this. Green Day and The Fall of Troy mainly. Great bass =[

7. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Yeah, the sad part is it is a great bass!! :(

8. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I used to own one just like it when they first came out. I sold it to a friend before enlisting in the USAF.

I have some gear that I'd be willing to trade (Nemesis NA320 head, Ibanez SR506 w/ gig bag).

PM me if these items interest you.

EDIT: I have other gear that could be traded as well, if the items above aren't what you are looking for.

Thanks!

Mike

9. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    PM sent

10. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    pm replied

11. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    PM sent.

12. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    PM with additional pics sent.

13. joeltheeditor

joeltheeditor

Jul 15, 2007
    man I had a black one of these as a kid. except mine was black. god I loved that thing. oh and Green Day used a Ripper not a grabber. not a whole lot of difference but there is a difference.

-Joel

14. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    no he used a grabber and a G3

15. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    DAMMIT...don't hate me, guys, but I can't let go. I plugged it into my amp again and remembered why I had to fight this decision. I'm sorry if I got anyone worked up, but how the heck do I replace that sound?

:bag:

16. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    Well if anyone wants one now they can have mine:rolleyes:

17. Hawaii Islander

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I can't say that I blame you. If I got my hands on one again, I wouldn't let go of it for anyone. ;)

18. Band Dad

Band Dad

Dec 5, 2006
    San Mateo, CA
    My son is looking for a Grabber, and was thinking of trading a MIA P-Bass if he could find that deal. Is there a price range he should be looking at for a Grabber? I told him to sell the P and wait for the right deal to come along. It's a beautiful P, and I don't care much for the looks of the Grabber, but I sure do hear a lot about their "tone". Grabbers seem hard to find.

19. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    He only had G3's no Grabbers.

20. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    This thread hasn't been updated by the seller since March; you may want to direct such inquiries to the bass discussion forum or a private message with the seller. Just some friendly suggestions. :)