1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GIBSON GRABBER!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Choosh, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Choosh

Choosh

Jan 14, 2008
    Chicago
    Omg. So I walk down to my local used guitar store to buy a new cable and some picks. It's the first time I've been there. I look around, and I see it. A nice natural finish, maple fret board. Some "bruises" here and there. So I tried it. It was wonderful, it was my first time touching a Gibson bass. The neck is a bit thicker than my Jazz, but very comfy. The sliding pick-up is great, and it's very bright. I like it, and its for ~$700. I don't have the money, but if I did, I'd love to play it.

That's todays story!

2. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra

Feb 26, 2008
    Portland, OR
    That seems like a pretty good price from what I have been seeing.

3. first time i played a gibson bass I said to myself...

...this is a joke right? .....please? oh my god they really ARE asking that much for this horrible instrument.... dear god.....

that was an SG bass.

I have since played other gibson basses such as the thunderbird... and will admit they are nicer instruments, but still too pricey.. as I dont think they can compete with fenders...

:bag:

power to you if you like gibsons, i can respect that, but thats MY story for the day

4. ghoulsfiendclub

ghoulsfiendclub

Dec 17, 2006
    Portugal
    well, i live in portugal, if i was in your hometown buddy, that grabber would be mine for sure

5. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    700 and you didnt buy it? I wouldve

6. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Well, but don't forget the hidden costs. Remember, in order to "protect" your Grabber from the hazards of regular playing, you need a "knockaround" bass like a Rickenbacker 4003, at least according to THIS THREAD.

(N.B. I guess I have the legal and moral right to poke fun. I had a "Grabber" bass back in the mid-70s when they were considered kind of a joke. Who knew?)

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    The grabber is somewhat unattractive and somewhat inferior sounding bass guitar ... :meh:

8. :ninja: my bass teacher once told me:

gibson doesnt know how to make basses....

9. Choosh

Choosh

Jan 14, 2008
    Chicago
    I read some of the thread. I have to say, I am a DFA79 fan myself. lol

10. but are you a ric fan?

11. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i get it =]

12. Choosh

Choosh

Jan 14, 2008
    Chicago
    Actually, I never tried one yet. But they do look nice, and I like the tone from what I have heard so far. I'll have to try one out soon.

13. JDjbass

JDjbass

Aug 24, 2007
    956 TX
    this bass looks awesome and sounds great too... listen to any Thrice song from Vhiessu and/or The Artist in the Ambulance (some songs are played with a p on TAITA though) but they sounds great