SOLD Gibson Les Paul Jr Tribute DC Bass - Ebony

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jpmcbride, Jul 11, 2020.

1. jpmcbride

jpmcbride Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Price:
    Strings:
    Gibson Les Paul Jr Tribute DC Bass
    This is a Made in the USA, Gibson Les Paul, short-scale bass. It's the Worn Ebony version with black pickguard. It has a set neck, mahogany body, maple neck (thin and fast), and rosewood fretboard.

Here is a great video review of it by Todd Kerns of Slash and the Conspirators.

The finish is a satin nitro that feels great in the hands. Its smooth and fast. It's a beautiful instrument.

The bass is lightweight, weighing in at 6.8 lbs on the bathroom scale. Its well balanced, and has no neck dive.

It has factory hipshot ultra-light tuners. It came with the standard Gibson 3-point bridge, but it has been replaced with a Hipshot SuperTone Bridge. This allows for individual string adjustments, and looks great. The original bridge will be included.

How does it sound? It does not sound like an EB or any other Gibson bass with mudbuckers. Gibson calls the pickup a BassBucker. Its has lots of low end, but has a hard punch and is articulate. Its not muddy at all. It only has one pickup, but the tone knob makes a big difference, It also has a push-pull feature on the volume pot to coil-split and give you a wide variety of tones.

One comment you'll hear about these basses is that the pickup feel mushy. This mostly affects players that anchor their thumb on it. This was corrected by adding foam under the pickup to firm it up.

The bass has been well setup, with low action, and is very fast and easy to play. It comes with a Gibson gig bag, and all the original papers (case candy, as they call it).

Its strung with rounds, which to my ear work best for tonal variety on this bass. But I'll throw in a set of flats in case you want to give them a try.

Don't miss the chance to get a great USA made Gibson bass in near mint condition, that plays fantastic, for a great price. Thanks for looking.

From Gibson:
    The Les Paul Junior Tribute DC Bass is a tribute to the historic Gibson EB-0 bass from the late 50's, but with modern features. Not just for smaller players, the short scale length is actually chosen by many for its strong fundamental tone and sits perfectly in a track when recording. The mahogany double cutaway body and maple neck with rosewood fingerboard balances perfectly when playing either sitting or strapped on. It's equipped with a single expanded range LP BassBucker pickup with single volume and tone controls for simplicity. The volume pot has a push-pull feature to coil tap the pickup scooping the mids for further tone shaping possibilities.

20200614_144421.jpg

Attached Files:

JdoubleH likes this.
  2. jpmcbride

jpmcbride Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    I forgot to mention shipping in my original post. I'll split actual shipping cost with the buyer.
    Thanks for looking!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 16, 2021